Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oh to be clean

Public service announcement:
I SHOWERED YESTERDAY!

But really, showering after 10 days of sweating for 22\24 hours of the day felt better than I expected. Granted, I ran the water for all of 1 minute to conserve it (perks of short hair!!). We only have access to solar-heated showers at Grouse Camp when there aren't folks staying there. My typical shower is a swim in Fourchette Bay after a hike.

I was on dinner duty last night and cooked some baller burgers: Avocado, bacon, pesto, caramelized onions, tomato, and lettuce. I wish I had taken a photo, they were very beautiful burgers (if that is even possible..). Stretching our mouths large enough was a challenge, but it was well worth it. Afterwards we all sat in the cook tent in a food\heat coma and had to dunk our heads under the water spicket to cool off, which has become a very common thing a Buffalo Camp this month.

Below are some photos of Buffalo Camp, where we're staying. We have a trailer and a cook tent, but all the cooking happens in the trailer. The cook tent is where we eat and is home to a nice fridge and microwave as well as a family of mice. Pretty fancy living!

My little green tent is on a platform and has kept me safe from the swarming mosquitoes and scary spiders at night (thank you Sarah and Jevon!). I have discovered that a field mouse has taken residence underneath my tent vestibule, and we have maintained a nice relationship (as long as he stays OUT of my tent). My tent platform is also a favorite scratching post to our neighborhood bison whom I've named William.
A Little Shower on the Prairie, at Grouse Camp 9 July 2014

Our trailer and cook tent. And our trusty vehicle that goes through hell everyday. How we haven't gotten stuck or broken the car yet, shocks me.

180 degrees from previous photo, looking at our tents

Inside our trailer

Sunset from my tent. 9 July 2014

My comfy tent 

No comments:

Post a Comment